Tasks awaiting volunteers
Transpolitica invites political thinkers, futurists, and transhumanist supporters from around the world to become involved in one or more of the projects listed below.
By preference, we encourage participation in the projects listed as “high priority”. Note: projects are placed in this category depending on:
- Feedback from the individual politicians that Transpolitica is seeking to support
- The views expressed by Transpolitica consultants and researchers
High priority projects in progress
- Forthcoming new book “Transpolitica: Transcending Politics”
- More details here
- The H+Pedia initiative
- The primary purpose of H+Pedia is to spread accurate, accessible, non-sensational information about transhumanism and futurism among the general public
- The Transpolitica angle for H+Pedia is to develop, as part of H+Pedia, a curated resource library of material that supports Transpolitica policies
Other high priority projects (not started yet, or stalled)
- How should Transpolitica respond to the proposed agreement by scientists not to modify the DNA of human reproductive cells?
- Should Transpolitica have supported the Saatchi Bill for “Responsible Medical Innovation?” See here for a contrary viewpoint
- Formulate an answer the question “What does Transpolitica think about the Leveson review of the culture and ethics of the British media?”
- Create a white paper explaining to politicians the concept of the longevity dividend
- Document in process here
- Provide more details of a roadmap towards implementation of Universal Basic Income (or similar social contract)
- Document in process here
- Clarify the ways in which online activism can have the biggest positive effect (rather than simply being so-called “slacktivism“)
- Develop “sound bites” and memes that could become viral, supporting Transpolitica policies
- Create engaging videos about Transpolitica
Other important projects
- Suggest improvements to the Transpolitica Manifesto
- Suggest improvements to the Transpolitica FAQ
- Build bridges between Transpolitica and organizations that could potentially be important partners
- Prepare assessments of the published manifestos of existing political parties, as compared to the Transpolitica policies
- Identify electoral candidates from existing political parties who appear likely to be sympathetic to Transpolitica policies, ahead of finding projects with common cause
- Identify sympathetic journalists, and deepen relations with them
- Establish a programme management system that helps coordinate volunteers and tasks.
Volunteering to work on a particular task
For small amounts of work, JFDI. Be bold.
For potential larger amounts of work, start by posting a short proposal on the Transpolitica mailing group. This should help avoid misunderstanding or unnecessary duplication of effort.
Alternatively, send an email to the Transpolitica programme management team.
Mail discussion group
The mailing group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/transpolitica exists to to coordinate planning and execution of Transpolitica projects. To join the group, visit this page, and send a subscription request.