Tasks awaiting volunteers
Transpolitica invites political thinkers, futurists, and transhumanist supporters from around the world to become involved in one or more of the projects listed below.
By preference, we encourage participation in the projects listed as “high priority”. Note: projects are placed in this category depending on:
- Feedback from the individual politicians that Transpolitica is seeking to support
- The views expressed by Transpolitica consultants and researchers
- Insight gained from reflection on the successes and failures of previous Transpolitica initiatives
Starting in January 2018, Transpolitica project activities are being organised into three-month sprints, with a different set of priorities being established every three months.
Mail discussion group
The mailing group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/transpolitica exists to to coordinate planning and execution of Transpolitica projects. To join the group, visit this page, and send a subscription request.
Volunteering to work on a particular task
For small amounts of work, JFDI. Be bold.
For potential larger amounts of work, start by posting a short proposal on the Transpolitica mailing group. This should help avoid misunderstanding or unnecessary duplication of effort.
Alternatively, send an email to the Transpolitica programme management team.
High priority projects, Q1
Priorities during Jan-Mar 2018
Assist the launch of the book “Transcending Politics”
For more details of the book, see here.
Support is requested for the following tasks:
- Review the draft content of the book. Make recommendations about any high-impact changes that come to your mind
- Collect endorsements for inclusion in the book, and to help with publicity
- Identify the core messages that should be prominent in descriptions of the book
- Prepare and review slide presentations and videos to draw more attention to the content of the book
- Find opportunities for Transpolitica consultants to speak about the availability of the book.
Refresh the Transpolitica website
Some of the material on the website is nearly three years old. It is time to reorganise it and update it.
Refresh the Transpolitica content on H+Pedia
The primary purpose of H+Pedia is to spread accurate, accessible, non-sensational information about transhumanism and futurism among the general public.
The Transpolitica angle for H+Pedia is to develop, as part of H+Pedia, a curated resource library of material that supports Transpolitica policies.
Changes are particularly needed so that H+Pedia articles better reflect the analysis developed in the book “Transcending Politics”.
Review the Transpolitica project backlog
The Transpolitica project backlog (listed below) awaits reconsideration, to identify the tasks that deserve to be raised as higher priorities in the near future.
The following potential projects are ideas for future work, but are currently not viewed as top priorities. In a number of cases, some work has already taken place, but has stalled or been superseded by other activities.
- Adopt new rules for the use of Transpolitica social media resources, e.g. the group on Facebook
- Pick some features of collabnet technology for Transpolitica to trial
- Retire some of the tools that were trialled in the past for Transpolitica collaboration, but which did not prove to be useful
- Prepare a response to the UK’s Psychoactive Substances Act
- Review the concept of “Killer apps” for Transpolitica
- How should Transpolitica respond to the proposed agreement by scientists not to modify the DNA of human reproductive cells?
- Should Transpolitica have supported the Saatchi Bill for “Responsible Medical Innovation?” See here for a contrary viewpoint
- Formulate an answer the question “What does Transpolitica think about the Leveson review of the culture and ethics of the British media?”
- Create a white paper explaining to politicians the concept of the longevity dividend
- Document in process here
- Provide more details of a roadmap towards implementation of Universal Basic Income (or similar social contract)
- Document in process here
- Clarify the ways in which online activism can have the biggest positive effect (rather than simply being so-called “slacktivism“)
- Develop “sound bites” and memes that could become viral, supporting Transpolitica policies
- Create engaging videos about Transpolitica
- Suggest improvements to the Transpolitica Manifesto
- Suggest improvements to the Transpolitica FAQ
- Build bridges between Transpolitica and organizations that could potentially be important partners
- Prepare assessments of the published manifestos of existing political parties, as compared to the Transpolitica policies
- Identify electoral candidates from existing political parties who appear likely to be sympathetic to Transpolitica policies, ahead of finding projects with common cause
- Identify sympathetic journalists, and deepen relations with them
- Establish a programme management system that helps coordinate volunteers and tasks.