This London Futurists event marked two developments in the political landscape:
- The publication of the Transpolitica book “Anticipating tomorrow’s politics”
- The introduction of the Transhumanist Party in the UK.
The speakers at this event, David Wood and Amon Twyman, addressed the following questions:
- How should politics change, so that the positive potential of technology can be safely harnessed to most fully improve human society?
- What are the topics that politicians generally tend to ignore, but which deserve much more attention?
- How should futurists and transhumanists regard the political process?
- Which emerging political movements are most likely to catalyse these needed changes?
The camera was operated by Roland Schiefer.
Note: the camera auto-focus sometimes focused elsewhere than the main presentation screen, which means that, occasionally, some parts of the display are fuzzy.
The slides presented by David Wood at this event can be viewed on Slideshare, here.