This London Futurists event marked two developments in the political landscape:
- The publication of the Transpolitica book “Anticipating tomorrow’s politics”
- The introduction of the Transhumanist Party in the UK.
The speakers at this event, David Wood and Amon Twyman, addressed the following questions:
- How should politics change, so that the positive potential of technology can be safely harnessed to most fully improve human society?
- What are the topics that politicians generally tend to ignore, but which deserve much more attention?
- How should futurists and transhumanists regard the political process?
- Which emerging political movements are most likely to catalyse these needed changes?
The camera was operated by Roland Schiefer.
Note: the camera auto-focus sometimes focused elsewhere than the main presentation screen, which means that, occasionally, some parts of the display are fuzzy.
The slides presented by David Wood at this event can be viewed on Slideshare, here.
Video and narration by Transpolitica consultant Alberto Rizzoli
This video was recorded in connection with Future Day, which is held each year on 1st March. To quote from http://futureday.org/:
Holidays provide a fantastic way of channeling peoples’ attention and energy.
Most of our holidays are focused on past events or individuals, or on the rhythms of nature. History and nature are wonderful and should be honored — but the amazing future we are building together should be honored as well.
Future Day is a way of focusing and celebrating the energy that more and more people around the world are directing toward creating a radically better future.
This is a brand new holiday — the first Future Day was in 2012. This year on March 1st Future Day will be even better! Let us all work together to continue to make Future Day a great success.
The video is the first in a series addressing aspects of the Transpolitica Manifesto. To be notified whenever a new video is available, click the “Follow” button that appears at the bottom right hand corner of this WordPress page.